Friday, July 24, 2009

Addendum to Denver, CO, USA: 7/10/09 - 7/12/09

Continuing from Uyen's Denver post...

After dropping Uyen off on Sunday, my home for the following 2 days was Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center (my company likes to use Hyatt Place hotels, too, for their economical pricing). Anyway, the whole reason I even felt the need to have this addendum is to highlight the dinner I had on Monday. Right across from the hotel (they share the same parking lot, in fact) was Yia Yia's Eurobistro. The rightmost picture is a shot of the restaurant from my room. I stopped by for dinner at 6pm and was seated on the patio, which overlooked a small park. I started with the house soup, which, on this night, was shrimp bisque with truffle (from Italy, my waitress told me). To my delight, there was also complimentary bread that came with a heavenly hummus/olive oil dipping sauce. My main entree was seared sea scallops, which was paired with a glass of Jordan Chardonnay. Here's Yia Yia's menu. The company will be picking up the tab on this one, but it is definitely a place I would go back to on my own without hesitation. It was 1 of the 10 best (and maybe even in the top 5) meals I've had in my life.
shrimp bisqueseared sea scallopsYia Yia's

Since I'm here, I'd also like to include some of the art we saw at the Denver Art Museum (mouse over the images for descriptions):


Lastly, a general note: rental cars are usually more expensive in Denver for some reason. When I was looking on my own, prices for a compact were around $50/day, so I was excited that our corporate rate could get me a midsize for around the same price. The other cool thing was that we ended up with a Pontiac (Torrent) crossover. I felt kinda nostalgiac driving a car whose brand doesn't exist anymore. And, here's a shot of it in front of the Hyatt Place we stayed at for the first 2 days of our trip:

No comments:

Post a Comment