Thursday, July 30, 2009

Laguna Beach, CA: 7/18/09

The Laguna Art Museum is located right along the ocean, on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). The most astonishing thing about the museum, though, has to be the visiting exhibit... Warcraft! The official name is WoW: Emergent Media Phenomenon, and it runs until October 4, 2009. It encompasses 2 floors (ground floor and basement) and is dedicated to the art of Warcraft (official Blizzard stuff and fan art). It is surreal. I love Warcraft and all, but never did I imagine that I have the makings of an art exhibit right in my own closet (I mean, I own every game between the original and Warcraft III: Frozen Throne). Here are some pictures (these were taken with my phone, so please excuse the lower quality):


The Laguna Art Museum also has its permanent collection, where the art is by local artists or has the local area as the subject. These occupy the 2nd/top floor of the museum, which is not all that big.

Also, within walking distance of the museum is a fantastic gelato place (Tutto Amore Gelato @ 247 Broadway Street), which also has interesting flavors such as flower of milk and habanero chocolate.

The reason we were even down in the OC was because we were visiting a friend in Emerald Bay (a secluded, private community located along PCH just north of downtown Laguna Beach). We arrived at Emerald Bay in time to catch the sunset and were immediately reminded of how beautiful it is there. I didn't take any pictures this time, but here are some I took last July:
home(s) I wantthe Emerald Bay community and private beachview from house

Cost Breakdown

$3.00 - Metered parking right outside the museum on Cliff Drive @ $2/hr

The museum was free for us because it's another one of the reciprocal museums (and our membership expires soon). Regular admission is usually quite steep at $15 per person. The museum is not very big but is in a prime location.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, Warcraft has been one of my all time fav game. I would say one of the best games created so far, and beside the game itself, the posters of WC are like mind blowing. Its nice to see those pictures on your blog.

    ReplyDelete